Prosilio 2018-06-05T12:25:37+00:00


The village’s first name, of Slavic origin, was “Dovisdiena”, but from 1927 to 1928 it was changed to “Chalasmata”. In 1928 the village was renamed to “Prosilio”. Its residents did not belong to the race of Vlach and even though their trading relations was mostly with that race very few among them could actually speak the Vlach language. The villagers were mostly farmers and stock-raisers, but there were also many builders.